Latex mattresses were initially considered as a luxury choice, but now that it is slowly becoming more affordable, a lot of people are considering it as a top choice already. If you are planning to buy one, then you should first read this article so that you know not only the must know facts about this popular mattress type, but also the pros and cons of choosing it.
- The natural latex is made from rubber trees while the synthetic and hybrid ones are made from synthetic materials. With so many companies manufacturing this mattress, there are also a variety of firmness levels available. One thing you should keep in mind is that there is no standardized firmness. The firmness level for one company is totally different for another one.
- Just like what we have mentioned earlier, natural type comes from rubber trees, specifically its sap. They are considered not only hypoallergenic, but eco-friendly as well. Since they are ideal for those with allergies, they are resistant to molds and dust mites. Isn’t that wonderful?
- Synthetic latex, on the other hand, is a much cheaper alternative. The feel of this type is quite similar to natural latex, but the materials used are different of course.
- As for firmness, you will see the label ILD when buying latex mattresses. It stands for Impression Load Deflection, which is just a measurement of the latex’ firmness. As a rule, the higher the rating, the firmer the mattress is.
- Just like with the other types of mattresses, the latex type is composed of various layers. Its thickest part is called support core, which, as the name implies, is its main supporting layer. The other layers are called comfort and cover.
- Most latex mattress users report that there is a different feel when sleeping on it. Maybe it is related to the fact that it basically provides the best of both worlds since it does not only follow the shape of your body just like the memory foam type, it also bouncy just like innerspring, so look for it in your best mattress uk.
Now, it is time to tackle the pros and cons of latex mattresses:
- Just like what we have mentioned earlier, it has the ability to follow the contours of your body. Because of this, it offers awesome pressure point relief. As a result, it is an amazing choice for those who are suffering from chronic back pain.
- Again, it can provide the bouncy feel of the traditional innerspring type. This is due to its rubber material.
- You do not have to worry anymore about waking up in the middle of the night because you are feeling hot. Latex mattresses can provide you a cool sleeping surface because of its breathable materials.
- Just like what we have mentioned earlier, it is eco-friendly since it is made from a natural rubber material.
- Users have reported a unique odor that some do not enjoy. You do not have to worry about it too much though because it goes away after sometime. The smell is a result of harmless compounds that are results of the manufacturing process.
- They are usually only available online. A lot of manufacturers are based online so this means that you will not be able to test it in physical stores. Although, there are some shops that still carry it.
- Latex mattresses are more expensive than the other types, so you will need to save up for it.
Latex mattresses is truly a wonderful choice especially for those who want to experience both the features of innerspring and memory foam. Once you own it, you will surely appreciate it even more.